HP printer is the most essential and mandatory steps required to get an efficient output. The basic printer setup is about making your printer ready for the setup process. For printer setup, the basic requirements are:
- HP printer
- USB cable
- Power cable
- Driver installation
- Internet connection
- Windows and Mac device
- Active internet connection
When you got your new printer, it is essential to follow the right set of instructions. The guidelines given here will help you to complete the instructions much faster.
- To start the printer setup for the first time, take out the printer from the printer package.
- Peel off the tapes and stickers from the sides of the printer.
- Place the printer on a flat surface.
- Now, remove the plastic tapes from all around the printer.
- Next, unwrap the power cable and connect it between the printer and computer.
- Plug the one end of the power cable to the printer and other end to the electric board.
- Switch on your computer and printer.
- Make necessary changes in the settings as per your requirement.
- Set the language, country, time, and date.
- Now, take the cartridges from the box and remove the plastic cover from it.
- Next, lift the cartridge access door.
- Install the ink cartridges in the appropriate slots and ensure that it is not leaking.
- Then, pull out the input tray and keep a stack of paper on it.
- Adjust the corners of the paper tray and push the tray back to its place.
- After completing the hardware setup, move on to download the printer software for your device.
- You can download the driver either using the CD or by clicking on the link.
- However, it is essential to download the driver that is compatible with your computer.
- Now, establish the network connection and make your printer ready to print.
- To clarify any further doubt, reach our tech experts.
HP Printer Compatible Device & OS Versions
HP printers are compatible with most of the operating system versions available on both windows and mac. Have a look at some of the OS versions available for both windows and mac.
Compatible Windows OS Versions:
- Windows XP (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Vista (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows Vista Professional (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Professional, Enterprise (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit & 64-bit)
Compatible Mac OS Versions:
- MAC OS X Version 10.7 Lion
- MAC OS X Version 10.8 Mountain Lion
- MAC OS X Version 10.9 Mavericks
- MAC OS X Version 10.10 Yosemite
- MAC OS X Version 10.11 El Captain
- MAC OS X Version 10.12 Sierra
- MAC OS X Version 10.13 High Sierra
- MAC OS X Version 10.14 Mojave