Interlinking 123 HP Envy 5055 and Windows PC Modus Operandi: USB Connectivity
The world of Physical wired connection today without a reference to USB Connectivity standard is practically meaningless. The USB standard is a ‘Plug and Play’ interface developed to seamlessly connect a swarm of devices and peripherals to the master PC and empower communication. The connection routine is remarkably simple and one only needs to know a technique or two to accomplish this.
Windows Operating Systems are a great exponent of USB Connectivity Standards and so is HP with their feature-rich HP Drivers/Software expediting the simplicity of the connection process. This one-page manual intends to teach and familiarize you with the steps.
Should you have recently updated the HP Printer Software, disregard and move ahead! Or else, log in to 123.hp.com/setup 5055 or HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
Step 1 : Readying for the USB Setup
Pull up and read this before making any headway. The Spoiler is that you must not attempt to connect the USB cable to bridge HP Envy 5055 and your Personal Computer (PC). One needs to be heedful to fulfil few fundamental requirements to expedite a working order besides erasing formerly installed printer stamps from the windows OS if any.
A little forethought in ticking off the requirements checklist can make the setup uncomplicated and smooth. Let’s walk you through the process!
One should tick off the following requirements in the preparation checklist.
- Let the Printer be powered ON and keep it in ready status.
- Ferret out an USB Cable which is 9ft 10inch or 3 meters long and not greater.
- HP forewarns against the usage of various types of intermediary devices (i.e USB Hub or Docking Platform) and advocates the use of direct USB ports on the computer for the connection to ensure steady stream of power supply.
- If you had acted way too soon in connecting the USB cable to the USB port on the PC, remove the connected USB cable instantly from both ends. Let’s think about connecting it back only at the driver installation point.
- Key in ‘Devices’ on the Windows Search bar unfolding ‘Devices and Printers’. This is a control panel setting and can also be accessed through Control Panel Screen. Select ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Probe the ‘Devices and Printers’ window to discover a stamp or multiple stamps of your printer model previously registered on Windows OS. Right Click -> Remove one or all of them.
- The ‘Devices and Printer’ window can now be closed. Jump to the next set of actions.
Step 2 : HP Envy 5055 Drivers Installation & Connection Setup
HP has developed bespoke Print Drivers/Software for Envy Family of Printers whose latest version need to be downloaded to proceed with the USB Connection setup process.
- Log into 123.hp.com/envy5055 and punch in your printer model to get guided by a series of auto instructions for completing the Driver Download. The HP Easy Start is an auto assist app for Driver Installation which might download provided your printer model is compatible.
- If you notice HP Print Drivers or HP Easy start download initiation, follow the auto instructions beaming on the screen to conclude the download and click open to commence the setup. Sit back and relax as HP Easy Start stays on command right through out except for a single user intervention where one should choose USB as the connection type. Well done! Your connection setup is successful.
- In the Instance of a download fail or unlisted printer model, you are forced to carry on with few more steps before wrapping it up.
- Log in to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads, Punch in your Printer Name & Model in the wake of a prompt and approve the Windows Operating System (OS ) Version or amend if necessary.
- HP Site may seek to recognize your product & model by opening the ‘Let’s identify your product to get started’ . In this Webpage, Select Printer and then punch in your Printer Model number again and end with a Submit. Choose from a number of software packages tossed up for the named Operating System.
- The Option for changing the Operating system can be availed by clicking Change -> OS (Version Selection) -> Change.
- Under several headings, Select Driver heading followed by Download for the complete HP Software Printer Suite . You may also prefer to click Basic Drivers for downloading select few drivers that are essential.
- The Installer will invite you to select a connectivity method upon which USB need to be selected to end the setup procedure.
- Press forward to operate Print, Fax or Scan functions depending on your wish.
Interlinking HP Envy 5055 and Mac Modus Operandi: USB Connectivity
The USB Connection type works coherently across Mac and Windows Operating systems. This is a single page manual helping you to get acquainted with the USB Connection process of 123 HP Envy 5055 to a Mac OS run PC.
For all users that underwent HP Printer Software update operation, ignore and go forward! If not, log in to 123.hp.com/envy5055 or HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads to avail the best features from a USB connected printer.
Step 1 : Prepping the USB Setup
The USB Setup process cannot be jumpstarted but needs some initial prepping. Users may be uninformed about the fact that the USB cable ought not to be connected between 123 HP Envy 5055 Photo Printer and the Mac PC at first. One needs to be wary of few fundamental requirements that needs to be met and fulfilled.
Let’s be proactive in checking off the requirements to ensure the connection is easy and uneventful. Let’s get escorted through the course of action!!
- Let’s turn ON the power of the printer and hold it in Ready status.
- Dig up an USB Cable which must to be 9ft 10inch/3 meters long. Cables longer than this are not advised.
- HP alerts the users to stay away from deploying any type of intermediary devices (i.e USB Hub or Docking Platform) and defends the use of direct USB port on the computer for the connection to assure continuous flux of power supply.
- Should you have leapfrogged in linking the USB cable directly to the USB port on Mac, undo the act by disconnecting it instantly from the ends of both connected devices. Let’s suspend this action for a stretch of time until the driver installation step ensues.
Step 2 : HP Envy 5055 – Installation of Drivers & Setup
HP has formulated custom-built Print Drivers and/or Software for Envy Series of Printers and constantly updates them. One is directed to download one such copy of the latest version to aid and proceed with the USB Connection setup process. The Apple Devices offers automatic software update for associated peripheral devices to help install the right drivers.
- Log into 123.hp.com/setup 5055 and punch in the name and the model of your printer inside the site. Mouse-click Begin to visibly be greeted with an auto-instruction series appearing to ease and complete the Driver Download. The HP Easy Start is from the software factory of HP and offers assistance for Driver Installation which might download provided based on printer compatibility or else you would be routed to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads page for installation of full feature drivers.
- Be conscious to select HP Scan or HP Easy Scan on the Install Screen to activate the Scanner functionality for a Scan furnished Printer
- If HP Easy start download initialization happens, please follow the instructions running across the screen to conclude the download. Soon afterwards, left click open to initiate the setup. Sit idle as HP Easy Start works wonder to help setup a successful connection.
- Suppose the download doesn’t take off or Printer is not listed on 123.hp.com/envy5055, you might have to survive a few more additional steps until it is a final wrap.
- Log in to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads and feed the Printer Model in the download search box and also specify the Mac Operating System (OS ) Version
- You may view the Download button abutting HP Easy Start or Full Feature HP Drivers within the ‘Driver-Product Installation Software’ Please click on it and download the applicable product software in conformance with the Printer model. Switch to Downloads Folder or Browser bar to run the downloaded file and initiate the installation.
- The Installer will invite you to select a connectivity method upon which USB need to be selected to end the setup procedure.
- Once again, be conscious to select HP Scan or HP Easy Scan on the Install Screen to activate the Scanner functionality for a Scan furnished Printer
- The HP Easy Start app may trigger you to line up the printer in a queue. Respond affirmatively by highlighting the name of your printer and select appropriate printer driver from the Use or Print Using menu seen on the bottom of the screen. Pay heed to apposite selection of drivers for HP Envy 5055.
- Get back to the Installer to finish pending installation steps, if any.
- Lose no time in checking Print, Fax or Scan functions as you like.
Switching to a Wireless Connection from USB – 123 HP Envy 5055
Users are empowered to alternate between Wireless and USB connection as they please and can depend on this document to seek help while making that change as long as their printers are wireless enabled.
Had the end-user setup the printer with a USB mode connection at the outset with the help of HP Smart App, they are free to switch to a Wireless Network at any point.
The switching of Connectivity mode can be effected either through HP Copyrighted software such as HP Printer Setup & Software Utility or the sharp HP Smart App for Windows 10 Operating System. Let the USB cable remain connected until the disconnection prompt comes up.
HP Printer Setup & Software Utility: Open the HP Printer Assistant either by directly pointing to it in All Programs or finding your printer by searching for HP in the search box. Look out for Utilities or Tools in the menu bar nested at the top. Follow the path Printer Setup & Software/Device Setup & Software à ‘Convert a USB connected Printer to Wireless’ to kick off the auto-switching process.
HP Smart : HP Smart is quick to offer intuitive help for mode conversion by displaying ‘Make Printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly’ message inside the app screen. When you click on Learn More, the guided conversion automatically initiates.
Mac OS :
The HP Utility Software is designed for MAC systems and assists in wireless connectivity. Conversely, Adding the wireless printer via System Preferences is another method.
HP Utility & Wireless Setup tool :
- Let’s launch HP Utility by traversing the following path . Finder à Go à Applications à HP Folderà HP Utility.
- Browse for All Settings Tab inside the HP Utility Window and finally click Wireless Setup. Should you not find Wireless Setup in it , resort to adding the Printer via System Preferences.
System Preferences guided Printer Inclusion:
- Lets’ start by connecting the Printer to an active network. The procedures are dependent upon the model and kind of control panels outfitted.
- Touchscreen or LCD Menu types : Navigate the following path on the Touchscreen/LCD Control panel to successfully connect the printer via Wireless Setup Wizard . Setup à Network/Wireless à Wireless Setup Wizard . The Wizard will escort you through a series of instructions dynamically completing the connection.
- Printers with no Display: Trigger the wireless radio of 123 HP Envy 5055 by gently pressing the Wireless button on the top of the printer. Positively, the Wireless light would eventually turn solid indicating the successful connection. In the event that it does not turn solid and rather blinking, reduce the gap between the printer and router further and then press the router’s Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button and monitor the wireless light. It will become solid.
- Return to your Mac device and follow this path. Apple Menu à System Preferences à Print & Scan/Printers & Scanners.
- 123 HP Envy 5055 will feature in the Printers list with either Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction. On the basis of appearing case, please engage one of the following steps.
- If you find your 123 HP Envy 5055 listed, renege and then add back the printer to setup the printer correctly. You can do so by highlighting the appropriate printer and then using the minus sign to fully remove the printer. Now, use the plus sign followed by Add Printer or Scanner and choose desired printer name to add them back.
- If your printer is absent, use the plus sign followed by Add Printer or Scanner and choose desired printer name to add it.
- If you are baffled by the missing printer in the Add Printer or Scanner utility , confirm if the printer and Mac are hooked to the very same network. Repeat the prior step to add back the printer.
- The Ultimate step is to choose AirPrint or 123 HP Envy 5055 from the Use or Print Using Menu to switch to wireless connection.