The below is a brief instruction guide for setting up your wireless printer on a local wireless network with a windows computer.
Step 1 : Preparation for setting up a wireless network
Before starting to set up the printer on a wireless network, keep the network details such as Network Name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WPA Security Passphrase) ready to enter.
- Switch ON the Computer and Router first. Then connect the computer to your wireless Network through a router, preferably sourced from a Broadband Internet Access.
- Power the Printer ON. This printer is being attempted to connect to the same wireless network in which your computer is connected. Ensure the printer is placed within the network range of the router.
- Sever the connection between the Printer and the computer by unplugging the USB Cable , If any.
Step 2 : Linking to the wireless network
The Wireless Setup Wizard is a key tool to help you link your wireless printer to the network.
- Press the power button to turn ON the printer.
- Navigate to the Printer Control Panel and tap on the Wireless icon.
- On the Wireless screen, gently press the Settings
- On the Settings screen, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard on the Control Panel and get guided by the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the local wireless network.
Step 3 : Installation of Printer Software
Most updated Printer Software must be downloaded and installed for the Printer to effectively connect and function within a wireless network.
- You may be prompted to connect automatically using an Auto Wireless Connect Screen which gets displayed making the setup process nice and easy. If no such prompt appears, take to the on screen instructions to finish the setup.
- Switch ON the Printer. Sever the connection between the Printer and the computer by unplugging the USB Cable.
- Download the most updated Printer Software from the HP Software and Driver Download Section by selecting the model of your printer.
- Download the full feature software. Please run and install the downloaded software.