123.hp.com/setup 8710 mac
hp officejet pro 8710 cartridges
hp officejet pro 8710 driver download
hp officejet pro 8710 drivers download
hp officejet pro 8710 factory reset
hp officejet pro 8710 scanner software
hp officejet pro 8710 setup
hp officejet pro 8710 software download
hp officejet pro 8710 support
hp officejet pro 8710 troubleshooting
hp officejet pro 8710 wireless setup
hp officejet pro 8710 won’t print
123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 – Printer not detected by the Driver during Setup
This archive contains troubleshooting methods for HP Printers connected to Windows computers through a Wired/Wireless connection only.
The HP Full feature Driver comprises of a guiding Installer which is supplied as a disc during the purchase of a new printer or as a software file available in the HP Support Site. The Installer abets in helping you setup your printer on a wired or Wi-fi network connection. There are scenarios where the Installer fails to identify and detect the Printer and might report the following errors.
Printer Not Found
Unable to find the Printer
No Devices Found
Your Printer could not be found on your wireless Network
The following steps in sequence will help diagnose and fix the issue during Printer hardware and software/Driver setup.
Step 1 : The Computer, Printer and Router must be rebooted
Finish all your tasks with your computer before attempting to reboot as the following steps cuts off all physical network connections between these devices.
- Switch OFF the Router and pull out the power cable behind it.
- Switch OFF the printer simultaneously.
- Shut the computer down after closing all running programs on it.
- Plug the power cord to the Router and notice the Internet Activity light glow indicating a healthy internet connection status.
- Switch ON the Computer and Printer one after another.
- Do a fresh installation of HP Driver and Software and check if the Printer detection issue remains.
Step 2 : Reviewing the Connection Status of the Network and the Printer.
Ensure that the Network and Printer are working fine and prepare them for the network setup before initiating any setup steps.
- Make your Printer ready for the Network Setup.Wireless Connection : Check the Wireless Network or Settings Menu on the Printer Control Panel to ensure the wireless Signal is ON. The Active Network connection can be confirmed by the glowing or blinking Wireless Icon light.Wired Network Connection : Check if the Ethernet Cable is properly connected to the RJ 45 ports of the Printer and the Router. Active Network Status can be ascertained through a Solid Green Light and a blinking Orange Activity light.
- Rule out chances of your Printer being connected to Guest or Host Networks which are a part of public networks established by Hotels or schools or Airports.
- The HP Printers can work only in a frequency band of 2.5 GHz which means the Router frequency is set to the same band and not 5 GHz.
- Glide your Mouse on the Notifications Area on the Task Bar to see the Network Name and the Connection Status. Please exit from a VPN connection if connected.
- If you are connected to a network other than your desired network, attempt to connect your printer to the desired network for the printer setup to complete.
- If you notice poor signal strength, shorten the distance between all your connected devices on the network especially the Router. Try to remove large physical objects and radio signal emitters away from the Network.
- If the Network status is disconnected, ensure that the Network is properly working and recheck the status. Verify the presence of a Check Mark right next to the Network Name.
- If the Notification area shows an Airplane Icon, Turn OFF the Airplane mode and then connect to a Wireless Network.
Do a fresh installation of HP Driver and Software and check if the Printer detection issue remains.
Step 3 : Attempt a Manual Printer connection to your Network (Wireless)
The HP Installer may be able to find the Printer if you attempt to manually connect the Printer to your network. The 123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup Wizard or 123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) will aid you in accomplishing a manual connection.
- The most recent and new versions of HP printers have a Wireless Setup Wizard tool on their Touch/Text Navigation Control Panel. This tool can be accessed through Setup, Network or Wireless Menu. This tool acts as a guide and allows you to select or enter Network Name (SSID) and corresponding password to gain connection access to the Network.
- You may be prompted to manually enter the Case-Sensitive Network Name and Password if they are hidden.
- Collect the particulars such as Network Name (SSID), Network Security Password (WPA Key or WPA Passphrase) and a wirelessly connected computer.
- Remove all wired connections including USB and Ethernet cable connections from the Printer.
- Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard through Setup, Network or Wireless Menu on the touch control panel.
- Follow the On Screen Instructions offered by the Wireless Setup Wizard to help connect the Printer to the desired network.
If the Printer fails to connect to the network, keep trying with the help of following troubleshooting steps.
Step 4 : Rely on HP Print and Scan Doctor for assistance.
HP Print and Scan is a tool developed by HP for quick and easy diagnosis of Printing and Scanning problems and automatically resorts to performing various troubleshooting actions to fix them. HP Print and Scan Doctor can be downloaded from the Software and Drivers section on the HP website.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor application and begin by clicking Start on the Welcome Screen.
- Search for your Printer which will be listed. If not listed , click on My Product is not listed and then click Retry
- Select and Highlight your Printer. Click Next on the bottom of your screen.
- If a connection problem is reported, choose the mode of connection to the printer and you will be automatically guided through a series of on screen instructions and hit Retry.
HP Print and Scan Doctor store a trove of information including Network Configuration and Login information which assists in setting up the networked printer.
Step 5 : Briefly disable Firewall Software.
The Windows Firewall software is usually installed in the host computers to block and thwart attacks from malicious software. Yet, these firewalls strangely impede or stop communication with network printers. HP Print and Scan Doctor comes to the rescue at these times to briefly disable firewall software for a short period of time on your computer.
- Run and open the Print and Scan Doctor. Click Network on the top menu of the window.
- Select Troubleshooting Firewalls from the Drop down list.
- Immediately disable any active or enabled Firewall software from the list of Firewall Name.
- Do a fresh installation of HP Driver (123.hp.com/ojp8710 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8710) and Software again.
- If the HP Driver installation successfully gets completed, contact the manufacturer of the firewall support and seek their help in changing certain settings such as Security Level, Trusted Zones and Open ports to free communication lines between HP Software and Printers. Enable the firewall again in the Print and Scan Doctor after changing the Settings.
- The Firewall is not the culprit if the installation failed. Re-enable the firewall status to active or enabled and move to the next set of steps.
Step 6 : Uninstalling and Reinstalling HP Driver and Software
The HP Drivers and Software may not have been properly installed or got corrupted which can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling them.
- Pull put the USB Cable from the Printer if it is used as a wired connection mode.
- Look out for Programs and Features on your Windows Operating System.
- Select your HP Printer Name and then click Uninstall to complete the process.
- Reboot the Computer.
- Switch ON the Printer .
- Download a recent version of the Printer Driver and Software from HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads page – 123.hp.com/ojp8710 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8710
- Choose your Printer from a menu list and complete the instructions provided by the website to do a successful download.
- Execute the Driver software file to do a simple reinstallation of HP Driver/Software.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer – Error Code ‘0X800xxxxx’ shows up during Windows Update
The Below series of troubleshooting steps are for resolving error codes with the following format ‘0X800xxxxx’ that appears exclusively with Windows 10 operating system.
This error code is shown particularly during the installation of windows updates along with the Printer Name and the series.
The error codes are commonly reported problems due to the presence of unrecognized devices in the computer and can be quickly resolved upon removing them.
- Click on the Windows Logo and Search for Device Manager in the list.
- Click Device Manager to open the window and click on Printers.
- Mouse over to the Unknown Device and right click it. Select Uninstall from the list of options to uninstall the unrecognized device.
- Attempt to Install the Windows updates by hitting Retry .