123 HP Envy 4520 Printer Setup & Installation
hp envy 4520 not printing correctly
hp 4520 not printing
hp envy 4520 not connecting to mac
hp envy 4520 printing blank pages
hp envy 4520 how to scan
hp envy 4520 not printing from iphone
hp envy 4520 troubleshooting
hp envy 4500 wireless printing problems
hp envy 4520 error code oxb8734416
hp envy 4520 not connecting to wifi
The Instructions below are for setting up the (123.hp.com/envy4520) 123 HP Envy 4520 All-in-One Printer for the first time.
- Gently open the carton that contains the printer and empty all its contents. Check the carton label for all included items which varies between different geographical regions.
- Place the Printer on the table and start removing all tapes and stickers from the outer surface of this portable printer including the Control panel stickers.
- Firmly hold the handles of the printer on both ends and try to gently lift the ink cartridge panel door to remove additional packing materials inside the cartridge slot. Close the ink cartridge panel door and ensure it locks in to the slot.
- Pull the Paper Input tray towards you and get rid of any safety stickers that are inside it.
- Push the paper tray inside to close it.
Power Up :
- Identify the Power cable from box of contents. Connect one end of the cable to printer power port and other end to an electrical power socket.
- Doublecheck the connection ends and Power ON your 123 HP Envy 4520 Printer. The Control Panel comes to life to help manage pre-start-up Settings.
Control Panel Settings :
- Press Setup button on Touch Screen Display to choose your desired Country/Region and also select the preferred language from a series of options.
- Set your Date and Time using the Arrow Keys on the same menu in the Control Panel.
Paper Load :
- Pull open the paper tray and draw it towards you to the extent it can extend.
- Adjust the Paper edge guides on either side to make it comfortably span the width of paper.
- Load a bundle of A4 size sheets into the Main Paper Tray keeping the print face of the page upside down. Adjust the paper edge guides again if necessary.
- Push the paper input tray back into the slot until it locks itself. Confirm if the input tray is closed.
Plant Ink cartridges :
Handling and planting ink cartridges requires utmost attention and care to avoid ink spillage, clogs, and risk of corroding the ink cartridge cans.
- Grab the Ink cartridges supplied alongside the printer from the carton.
- Firmly hold the handles of the printer on both ends and try to gently lift the ink cartridge panel door and keep it open.
- Hold until the Carriage area is idle and rested.
- Proceed to release one of the ink cartridges from a battery of ink cartridges by softly pulling the black plastic on the surface of the ink cartridge.
- Peel off the plastic tape from the surface of the ink cartridge.
- Raise the lid of the ink cartridge slot to gain access
- Clutch the sides of the ink cartridge with the nozzles facing the printer and force the cartridge to secure it in its slot.
- Flip the lid of the ink cartridge to close it.
- Iterate the above steps to plant all other ink cartridges until it is filled.
- Shut the Ink Cartridge Panel Door.
- The HP All-in-one Printer is programmed to print an alignment page post the installation of new ink cartridges.
- Hold for the alignment page to eject from the output tray before proceeding to align the installed cartridges.
Alignment of Ink Cartridges :
The Print quality is enhanced by proper alignment of ink cartridges. Below are a series of steps to achieve the alignment.
- Raise the lid of the Scanner
- Position the Alignment page on the scanner glass bed and within the inscribed corner markings with the print leaf of the page facing down.
- Close the Scanner lid and immediately Press ‘OK’ on the touch screen control panel.
- The Printer auto initiates alignment of ink cartridges.
Printer Not Connected/Printer Offline/Won’t Print issues with HP Multifunction Printer Envy 4520 (Windows)
‘Printer offline’ is a standard and frequent connectivity problem often experienced by users which can be troublesome and affects your productivity.
A ‘Printer Offline’ Status message often pops up on the task bar notifying the printer has either lost connection or is not able to detect and establish a connection with your computer.
Following are a series of troubleshooting steps to manually solve the ‘Printer Offline’ error and reconnect the printer back to your computer (Windows) or smartphone or tablet.
Step 1: Default Printer must be set
Your 123 HP Envy 4520 Printer must be set as Default Printer and also uncheck the option of ‘Use Printer Offline’ from Printer Properties on your Windows Control Panel.
- Restart the Printer by switching it OFF and ON and wait until it reaches the ready mode.
- Click on the Windows symbol on your computer and search ‘Devices and Printers’ .
- Point to ‘Devices and Printers’ and click on it.
- Hoveryour mouse pointer over to the HP Envy 4520 Printer Icon that is not grey or graded out.
- Right Click on the HP printer Icon and choose ‘Set as Default Printer’ which adds a green tick mark to the icon denoting it as the default printer now.
- Right click on the 123 HP ENVY 4520 Printer icon again and choose ‘See What’s Printing’ which opens a separate Print Queue
- Point to ‘Printer Menu’ in the Print Queue window and immediately uncheck ‘Pause Printing’ and ‘Use Printer Offline’ from the Drop down Menu options.
- Upon completion of all the above steps, try printing from your HP Envy 4520.
If the Problem persists, move to the next step. 123.hp.com/setup 4520
Port Step 3: Proper Selection
The Drivers of the Printer will experience communication failure if it tries to interact with wrong communication port making the connection inaccessible.
- Search for ‘Devices and Printers’ from the Windows Menu of your computer.
- On the ‘Devices and Printer’ Window, Point to the HP Envy 4520 printer Icon and right click on it to select Properties.
- Click the ‘Ports’ Menu Tab on the Properties window. The Port Name or description must be set to USB or DOT4 if the printer is connected via USB /WSD or Standard TCP/IP Port if the printer uses a wired network connection.
- Exercise care in picking out the proper Port Type if there is a mismatch in the current port selection in reference to the type of connection employed.
Step 2: The Connection Status must be checked/Printer should be reset.
One of the simplest but effective troubleshooting steps to revive your ‘Printer Offline’ problem is to reset the printer.
- Turn the printer OFF and Turn it ON and begin to check the printer status.
- If the Printer commences to print jobs in the queue or switches back to ready/idle mode, the issue is resolved due to the power cycle.
The Printer may still be offline prompting you to try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Disconnect the power cable from the rear of the printer without turning OFF the Printer.
- The Power cord from the electrical wall socket must be unplugged.
- Hold for about a minute. Try to restart your computer meanwhile.
- Then plug the power cable into the electrical wall socket and the other end to the printer power port. Switch ON the Printer immediately after.
- Reconfirm your HP Envy 4520 printer is connected to the computer through one of these connection modes.
- Wireless Network Connection: Touch the Wireless Network or Settings Menu on the Printer to verify the Wireless signal is ON and enabled. Also check if the Wireless Icon is turned ON and stays Steady.
- Wired Network Connection: The Printer and the Router must be connected through an Ethernet Port. The Green light should stay solid and Orange light should keep blinking implying the activity.
- USB Connection: The Printer and your work station must be properly connected with an USB cable on the active USB port.
Upon completion of all the above steps, try printing from your HP Envy 4520(123.hp.com/envy4520).
If the Problem persists, move to the next step.